Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19

July 19, 1930 hrs. Position N 46.26 / W 135.34 134 miles traveled yesterday. 468 miles to go to the entrance of the Columbia River.
Another day, another 134 miles down. It has been another uneventful day, cloudy and cold, lots of time spent down below. We did get up to the cockpit for a while today, always a good thing. We have changed sail configuration several times, we are currently back to wing and wing, pointing well and making good time. No complaints. The big news for today is that we have determined that Monday is our probable day of arrival. Lots of variables can change that, but right now that's what we are looking at.
Wish I had something fun or exciting to report. I don't think anyone is interested in what books I've read on this trip (many) or what tricks I have taught my new pet cockroach. I owe Bob lots of money now after a couple nights of betting on the cockroach races. I'm starting to suspect steroid use. It is official that Albert Ross (for those of you still scratching your heads, say the name together and think bird) has parted company with us. I think he decided we were nuts continuing on voluntarily into this cold weather. That's it for today, tune in tomorrow for another installment of "Have they lost their minds yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment