Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Home - July 23

We arrived at the docks at about 2:30 Monday.  We were met by a couple of my friends and sailing partners, Mike and Rob, to help tie up.  A few minutes later my shift from work showed up in the fire engine and brought me cheetoes.  :)  Alli had brought my truck down and left it at the marina for me and had a 4 pack of my favorite local beer (Fort George - Vortex)in a cooler waiting on the front seat.  Perfect!  A nice little celebration beer for Bob and I.  After a little clean up time and hopefully a short nap for Bob, his wife Becky and son Ian showed up from Portland.  We all went out for dinner and then it was back to the boat for Bob and Becky, with Ian driving back to Portland.  Bob and Becky are leaving again first thing Tuesday morning to start the trip up river back to Portland.  I am sure that this feels "right" to Bob.  After all the years and countless miles (well over 40,000 for this trip alone) of cruising, this trip from Hawaii is the first leg that he has not had Becky on board with him.  I'm honored that I was able to assist so she could stay home and play grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment