Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18

July 18, 2000 hrs. Position N 46.41 / W 138.54 140 miles traveled in the previous 24 hrs.
VERY uneventful day today. We sailed beautifully all night, hitting 7+ knots many times. The wind died down some today and we were going about 5 knots. It has been very foggy for the last couple of days with very limited visibility. The fog just cleared off this evening about an hour ago. I think we lost Mr. Ross, our tail, in the fog. I haven't seen him at all today which is kind of sad, I have enjoyed watching him. Al was some of the only entertainment out here. I have had no luck at getting Bob to sing and dance for me so I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for other entertainment options.
We sailed wing and wing most of today. The wind was steadily getting lighter so Bob has fired up the engine for a bit, we hope to find a little more wind a couple hours away.
Not much else to report. We had a late dinner tonight so I'm a bit late getting this report out. It is funny how meals have become more about fuel for the body and not so much about flavor. I guess that says something about our cooking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment